Kevin Spacey, once a beloved actor now a disgraced Jeffrey Epstein associate, settled out of court with the son of one of his many sexual assault accusers following the accuser’s death.
The Hollywood Reporter says that the mysterious sexual assault lawsuit brought by an anonymous massage therapist against Kevin Spacey is ending, according to papers filed in federal court Monday.
The plaintiff, suing as a “John Doe,” alleged being forced to grab the actor’s genitals twice during a massage at a private residence in Malibu. A judge allowed the case to move forward despite Spacey’s objection that the plaintiff’s identity was being shielded.
Then, shockingly, “John Doe” died, giving a member of his estate 90 days to substitute someone else in his place.
In November, the accuser’s son successfully petitioned a probate court to become special administrator, The Hollywood Reporter goes on to say. The probate filings cited the urgency of the Spacey suit.
After the son of the accuser took over, attorneys for both parties came out and said that a settlement had been reached with prejudice, meaning that the claims could not be refiled, even if more evidence comes to light.
No figures were made public in regards to the settlement, but one could imagine the type of money it would take to make something like this go away completely, especially in the wake of of another accuser’s mysterious suicide 24 hours after Kevin Spacey released a video calling to “kill them with kindness” in 2020.